Thursday, February 21, 2008

Full Moon Rising over the Mojave






If I write a book about this adventure I think the title will be the same as this blog entry. Last night was magical. After the day before when I had all the hills and wind I was blessed with a long stretch of down hills and a tail wind. I was tring to out run a storm. I did and was treated with a full moon and an eclipse! It was so beautiful and bright when the moon rose after the eclipse that I turned off my head light and ran by the moon light. I got just over 90 miles before I went to sleep. I had crossed the entire desert in one big push. since I was so close to 100 miles I got up and back on the road early and did another 10 miles before 9:28 am so that I actually logged 100.1 mils for the day.

If I was just running I would never have been able to do that, that fast. Zzzooming rules!

Yet I've got to say that it was very beautiful in the moon light and as I got closer to the end I slowed down and just took in the images & impressions.

It just keeps getting better, and better.

Day 4 Map:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is amazing. I can't believe you ran across the mojave in one night!
We had a magical experience with the eclipse as well. Overcast skies, until 8:00 when a window opened up for over two hours so we could see the event!
Keep going man!