Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Dealing with the wind & hills






There is always the other side to difficult experiences, and if you just keep going forward you find can find the edge of something wonderful. Yesterday I struggled through the cross winds and very long hills to arrive at just such a place. Honestly, if I had just stopped when
it was prudent (by most expected standards) I would have had the shortest day yet, and not met some really nice people. Resulting in shorter totals for each subsequent day. However I just kept plodding along, and low and behold it all turned around under a beautiful full (or near full) moon. I ended up having my best day yet. I decided to celibrate at a local Marine Corp. watering hole called " Stumps". At first I was a bit nervous walking in in my running cloths & shorts. I got some strange stares at first but they weren't shy about asking me what I was doing. I made a lot of great friends and stayed there until it closed. I only spent $5 of my own money. Semper Fi ! :)

Earlier in the day I met a interesting man named Lloyd. He walked up to me in the Subway parking lot and asked about my Zzzoomer. I explained what I was doing. and we talked for quite some time. He lived in the town for over 30 years and gave me his card with some hand written sayings that I added to the skin.

What a day I had. I know this only the beginning of even greater days to come!



No comments: