Monday, February 25, 2008









02/25/08

Today was tough lots of climbing not much Zzzooming. I stopped in Globe AZ because after Globe there wouldn't be any stores for a long time. I met a trucker who said that the route up 60 had snow and that I should take 70, a southern route. It would mean that I would be on I-10 for a stretch in NM. I called the NM state police and they said that it would be ok. I have decided to take the route and I will try to get from Globe to Safford all in one day. Like the 100 mile Desert run. This crosses a large indian reservation and is 78 1/2 miles.It does have a few hills but I feel confident.

Today was spectacular for the views. I also had a thrilling section in a tunnel. there were no signs preventing me so I just went for it.

I will be out of touchmost of tomorrow (limited cell coverage)

No comments: