Sunday, February 24, 2008

Field of Dreams





02/22/08

Field of dreams - If you build it they will come.

I began this run on a wing and a prayer (as my Grama T. would have said). Two days before I left I had less than $100 in cash. I had been working on a masonry project that was going to pay out eventually, but I still haven’t been paid. Just before I left Anytime Fitness from Erie, CO stopped me on the side of the road and asked me what I was training for. I told him and he got rather inspired. Hi gym offered a financial sponsorship that helped me afford the gas and other last minute necessities that I needed to begin. He also started making some phone call to the corporate office and other Anytime gyms along my route to see if they would also help out. A couple of days after I had started I got a message that my Cousin Jim who is the Founder and President of a company that designed and built “The Pocket Wizard” flash controller. It is a radio controlled flash system that offer remote wireless flash control. The funds offered by them will enable me to complete the crossing. I recommend anyone to read “the Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho, one of the themes in it is that if you are following you true passion the whole Universe will conspire to help. I honestly believe that, and each day I see the proof.

No comments: