Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Recovering from ATY


December 31st - January 6, 2008

I took from January 2nd - 6th off .... no Running

Last week I tested the waters with my legs and got some easy runs in ending the week with a Marathon iNSiDe my running machine.

1/7-13/08 5 runs, 1 yoga 7:16 hrs 71 kms run 42 km long run

Monday January 7th

I could feel my legs today from the Marathon that I ran on Sunday and it took me a while to get the run in gear. Though it was nice outside I ran on the treadmill because I knew that I didn't want to run over 1 hr and I really wanted to get 10k in. I was able to pick up the pace in the last half of the run - it took 59:03.
I definitely felt better after the run, but it took a bit of personal prodding to get going.

This evening I worked with Bryon the frame builder for the iNSiDe Runner. We cut most of the Aluminum and started welding. I will be opening up a web page showing the construction progress.

I created a challenge for my family members to match the average running pace per hour that I had at the Across The Years race - 5 miles - for the week for the month of January. I got 30 people enrolled for the challenge. I was shocked. I hope that at least half of them can get the miles run(or walked) that they committed to. Since not everyone has been posting their miles, I have now challenged the whole family 1 to 30 to keep up with my training miles each week. The original pledges totaled over 150 miles per week.

http://web.mac.com/adhocbob2/Glens_New_Years_Challenge/Welcome.html

No comments: